Wednesday 17 January 2007

First Impresions of the Shark

Ive had three flights in the Shark now. First flighr was 3:30 in moderate conditions, next was a bomb out in light conditions followed by 1:45 in light scratchy conditions. All flights were coastal with no thermal to speak of.

The ground handling, especially in stronger winds, was far easier than the Fun, presumible due to less reflex. Takeoff needed a longer run but was straightforward with no unexpected querks. The handeling in the air was also good in the costal conditions. Roll and pitch control was similar to the Fun which supprised me seeing the Shark is about the right size for me but the Fun is a bit big. The difference in performace accross the ground was definatly noticable and allowed me to fly to places that I have not been brave enough to ventur to before. While the extra groundspeed was noticiable when landing I was supprised how straighforward the landings were (a number of pilots had told me that the landing would be the hard part). Im just hopeing this wasnt beginners luck but all the landings were in light conditions at the bottom of the hill and the glider flared and stopped each time.

No comments: